| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Basel in May is mild at 14 °C (57.2 °F).
- Afternoons can be warm with average high temperatures reaching 20 °C (68 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 8 °C (46.4 °F).
- In May the mean daily temperature variation/ range is 12 °C (21.6 °F).
- The weather in May is somewhat dry with occasional rain. Just 76mm (3in) of water is discharged during an average of 13 days.
- The heavens above Basel are reasonably fine having an average of a detectable 6:17 of radiant sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 14:25 long and the longest day is 15:39 long with an average length of 15:05.
- There are approximately 8:36 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 42.2% of daylight hours and cloudy 57.8% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Basel May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Basel, Switzerland
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Basel: