| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Basel in January is slightly cold at 0 °C (32 °F).
- Afternoons can be cool with average high temperatures reaching 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -3 °C (26.6 °F).
- The average daily temperature variation/ range in January is 7 °C (12.6 °F).
- The weather in January is slightly dry with occasional snow. Only 53mm (2.1in) of liquid is transfered across on average 13 days.
- The blue above Basel is very dim with an average of only 2:00 of intense solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 8:30 long and the longest day is 9:26 long with an average length of 8:53.
- There are approximately 6:42 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 23% of daylight hours and cloudy 77% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Basel January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Basel, Switzerland
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Basel: