| < December >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Basel in December is very cool at 1 °C (33.8 °F).
- Afternoons can be cool with average high temperatures reaching 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -1 °C (30.2 °F).
- In December the mean daily temperature variation/ range is 5 °C (9 °F).
- The weather in December is a little parched with sleet or snow occasionally. A mere 44mm (1.7in) of liquid is released during an average of 12 days.
- The heavens above Basel are really dreary with on balance just 1:42 of resplendent sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 8:25 long and the longest day is 8:41 long with an average length of 8:29.
- There are approximately 6:35 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 20.6% of daylight hours and cloudy 79.4% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Basel December averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for December in Basel, Switzerland
Navigate to December Weather in Locations Surrounding Basel: